The story of our Oak Cooking Wood
We work with suppliers in both North Georgia and North Florida to source quality oak cooking wood logs. Like all of our firewood products, Cutting Edge oak undergoes the most rigorous drying process in the industry. Each piece is cut to specific dimensions and then cooked at 250 degrees for 48 hours, far exceeding FDA regulations.
This drying process ensures that every piece of oak delivered to our warehouse, and then to your home, is free of bugs, mold, and fungus. This means you can feel good about cooking with this wood. You can protect your food from musty flavors and mold, and you’ll experience cooking wood that burns at a hotter temperature.
Our rigorous Cutting Edge Firewood drying process also ensures the oak cooking wood will light quickly and that the great flavor of the smoke will hit the food immediately, enabling whatever you cook to absorb the most possible flavor.
Once dry, the wood gets sent to our headquarters in Norcross, GA. Every log goes through a hand selection process and is packaged as either a standard cut log (known as a “stick” in the bbq world) or hand cut into chunks or splits.
During selection, we check to make sure it’s the perfect size, then we ensure there is no rot on the wood, and finally, we confirm that the log includes both heartwood and sapwood. Tree trunks are composed of both heartwood and sapwood, and the best possible flavor is only achieved when both of them are together.
Once we’ve selected the top pieces for optimal flavor and burn time, we place the wood into boxes and racks that can be delivered or shipped throughout the United States.
Try the Cutting Edge difference for yourself by ordering the best oak cooking cooking wood available today.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
This box of firewood logs includes enough kiln dried oak for 2-4 cooks. Specifications include:
- Our 16″ standard cut oak firewood
- The Oak Cooking Wood Box is 16" x 14" x 17"
- Each box includes a few pieces of kindling, matches, and fire starters
- Boxes weigh about 50 pounds and contain only firewood with 5-10% moisture content (less water weight, more wood for your cook!)
- Complimentary Same day delivery in Atlanta area, or we can ship nationwide
WHY CHOOSE A BOX?
Although smaller than a rack of oak, boxes of oak are a popular way to receive cooking wood. Here are a few reasons boxes might be right for you:
- You love the convenience of having everything you need in one box.
- You can easily take a box with you to a competition, to the beach, or to the lake.
- Boxes make great gifts.
- You want to try a variety of cooking wood products before choosing an entire rack.
- Boxes are easier to ship across the country.
- You need cooking wood tonight! Receive complimentary same day delivery in Atlanta.
If you are looking for great oak flavor but in a smaller piece of wood, then we suggest trying out a box of our oak chunks or Oak cooking wood splits.