Fire Starter Products
Our firewood is designed to light easier than any other firewood available. When paired with one of our fire starters and the advice of our delivery artisans, you’re on your way to a one-match fire.
Watch Our Video
How To Start A Fire The Cutting Edge Way
Watch the video here to the right to see how easy it is to start a fire the Cutting Edge way – one match is all you need!
How to Use Fire Starters
Starting a fire should be an enjoyable and relaxing experience, not a frustrating one. But for that to happen, you need to have the right fire starter tool to ensure a smooth and easy process. While there are many fire starters on the market today, our Cutting Edge Firewood fire starting stick is hard to match when it comes to ease, simplicity, and elegance.
Our fire starter sticks are wrapped in string, which means they are simple to use and can start any fire. They are also scent- and chemical-free, which is a huge advantage over more commonly used camping fire starters that often use harmful elements such as kerosene, natural gas, or lighter fluids. Not only do these chemicals emit an unpleasant smell, but they can also be very dangerous. This is what makes our product the best firestarter tool.
So what’s the best fire starter technique to build yourself a strong fire? Our experts lay it out in this easy step-by-step process (we also recommend watching the video above).
- The first step is straightforward: place the fire starter stick at the bottom of your fireplace or fire pit. Use our CEF cigar matches to light one starter from your fire starter kit and allow a few seconds for it to properly catch fire.
- Then, gently place the heart pine on top, making sure that it sits firmly and the fire can reach it. At this point, the fire should start to grow a bit bigger, and the heart pine should slowly catch fire as well. This might take a few minutes, but you shouldn’t wait too long until moving on to the next step.
- Once you have a small fire going from our fire starter stick and the heart pine, start placing a couple of pieces of the oak kindling on top. Make sure to put them in an “X” shape above the fire starters and the heart pine, which will create the best possible environment for the fire to breathe and gently grow.
- You should also place two pieces of oak kindling above so that your fire has room to grow as it reaches the firewood you are about to place. This methodical approach of slowing building the fire so it gradually gets bigger is what makes our fire starter kits so effective. Because the initial fire is effortless to light with just one match, the following steps are a matter of creating the right conditions for the fire to grow and maintain itself as you add more wood.
- At this point, you should be seeing the fire becoming more prominent, with the oak kindling catching fire quickly. That means it’s time to add the firewood! Place one larger log in the front and a smaller log in the back of the fireplace. Then, take two smaller pieces of wood and place them on top, building a log cabin that can be as high as you like (and is safe to do so). As the fire burns, you can add wood logs whenever necessary. As long as the fire doesn’t go out, you will have no problem maintaining it and won’t have to worry about logs falling out, starting to smoke, or any other common problems.
Our fire starters and kindling are designed to ensure that the fire you build is easy to maintain. You only need to go through the process once to see just how quick and easy starting a beautiful fire at home (or on the campgrounds) can be.
HIGH-QUALITY FIRE STARTER KITS TO GET YOU GOING
At Cutting Edge Firewood, we offer all the essential fire starters you need for any occasion. Whether you’re building a fire for a romantic night in with your special someone, or taking your family for a fun camping trip, our kits make it easy to gather around the flames. Our fire artisans have carefully selected the best wood types and materials to ensure that you have a hassle-free experience every time you decide to light a fire.
In our collection, you will find a few fire starter package options designed for different situations, each providing all the tools you need to light the perfect fire. Here are our fire stick & fire starter options you can choose from:
Fire Starter Package
The original fire starter kit is ideally suited for starting a fire in your fireplace but is suitable for just about any situation. You get all the essentials you’ll need, including our beautifully-designed cigar matches, a heart pine bundle, excelsior fire starters, and oak kindling.
COOKING WOOD FIRE STARTER PACKAGE
The cooking wood fire starter kit is the perfect option for when you want a seamless experience when lighting fires in Kamado smokers, various grills, and even hog roast. When lighting cooking wood, you want to ensure that it will burn evenly and that you won’t have to worry about rekindling in the middle of cooking. And that’s exactly what this package can offer.
If you want to replenish your supplies or see for yourself how our fire starters work, you can also shop for our branded Cutting Edge Firewood cigar matches and our Excelsior Fire Starters that are perfect for starting any fire.
No matter which option you go with, you will quickly discover just how big of a difference the right fire starter kit can make. Our trained artisans will walk you through the entire process, and you’ll never have to deal with those frustrating issues when lighting a fire again.
Best Safety Practices When Using Fire Starters
To get the best possible experience of the CEF fire starters, it’s important to be familiar with the best safety practices. Taking these precautions can go a long way in ensuring you don’t suffer injury, damages, or risk the fire getting out of control.
DON’T STACK THE FIRE TOO HIGH
The first thing you need to consider when using fire starters is how high you can safely stack the firewood. It may be tempting to build a massive fire, but anything above four feet would significantly increase the risk of the stack falling over, which can be incredibly dangerous.
TAKE FIREWOOD FROM THE TOP OF THE STACK
Another key consideration is how you pick up the firewood when starting a fire. Once your fire starter and kindling are burning, you may be tempted to grab that perfect piece of firewood from the middle of the stack. But if you don’t want to risk a Jenga situation where the entire stack falls over, it’s always wise to take the best-sized piece of hardwood from the top, as all pieces of firewood at CEF do the job just fine.
DON’T BURN WET WOOD
All the wood you receive from Cutting Edge Firewood is kiln-dried, ensuring that it’s in perfect condition to produce a clean and smoke-free fire. But if, for some reason, the wood gets wet, make sure to thoroughly dry it before use. Otherwise, the wood will be much harder to light, even with our high-quality fire starters. What’s more, it will produce less heat and result in a lot of soot-rich smoke, which can be harmful to your health.
AVOID USING GASOLINE OR LIGHTER FLUID
Accelerants can be incredibly dangerous when used to light firewood. Even though they can produce the desired outcome, controlling the way that the lighter fluid will burn is incredibly challenging, which means you can never be sure that the fire will be stable or result in the much-dreaded (and very dangerous) fireballs. In some instances, this can cause severe burns to the skin and creates a huge risk for starting a house fire (or wildfire if you’re outdoors). Instead, use our fire starters that are entirely safe and designed to ignite gradually, allowing you to methodically stack kindling and firewood until you’ve built the perfect fire.