The story of our Hickory Cooking Wood
Hickory is a dense and heavy hardwood that is perfect for cooking memorable food. It packs a powerful flavor punch that will get people raving about their food. The density means it will burn longer than other hardwoods, which means you’ll spend less time feeding the fire and more time allowing your food to cook.
Not only does hickory provide great flavor, it also provides an amazing aroma. Neighbors, guests, competition judges, and anyone else within a couple miles will have their mouths watering when they smell what you’re cooking over our hickory firewood.
Cutting Edge Firewood undergoes a rigorous drying process, which means your wood will never mold, fungus, must, or bugs mixed in with your fire. It will smell better, taste better, and be safer to eat!
There are over 12 different species of hickory firewood, and all of them are great for cooking. We work with our suppliers to choose the best pieces and cuts of hickory. Our wood is sourced local to the the kiln, so that it undergoes our rigorous drying process while still fresh. This ensures that our wood has not started decomposing and is still hard and dense.
The hickory firewood is delivered to our warehouse where our team hand selects each piece to ensure it meets our quality standards and is then placed on a rack or inside a box, ready to be delivered to our customers. We also select pieces that we can hand cut into hickory cooking wood chunks or hickory cooking wood splits.
Hickory provides a bold and distinct flavor to any of your favorite foods. If you grill or smoke food over hickory for others, be prepared for them to ask, “why does your food tastes so good? What makes this different?”
We deliver and ship boxes of hickory firewood nationwide. The best cooks all over the country choose Cutting Edge Firewood hickory to give themselves a competitive edge. You can do the same by placing your order today!
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
This box of firewood includes enough kiln dried hickory for 2-4 cooks. Specifications include:
- Our 16″ standard cut hickory firewood
- The box is 17″ by 16″ by 14″
- Each box includes a few pieces of kindling, matches, and fire starters
- Boxes weigh up to 50 pounds and contain only firewood with 5-10% moisture content (less water weight, more wood for your cook!)
- Can be shipped nationwide
- Complimentary Same day delivery in Atlanta area
WHY CHOOSE A BOX?
Although smaller than a rack of hickory, boxes of hickory are a popular way to receive cooking wood. Here are a few reasons boxes might be right for you:
- You love the convenience of having everything you need in one box.
- You can easily take a box with you to a competition, to the beach, or to the lake.
- Boxes make great gifts.
- You want to try a variety of cooking wood products before choosing an entire rack.
- Boxes are easier to ship across the country.
- You need cooking wood tonight! Receive complimentary same day delivery in Atlanta.
If you are looking for great hickory flavor but in a smaller piece of wood, then we suggest trying out a box of our hickory chunks or hickory splits.