The Story Behind our Premium Oak Firewood:
When people think of oak, they think of large, sturdy trees that last for centuries. As you can imagine, this durable and dependable wood makes for a consistent and reliable fireside experience.
We work with suppliers in both North Georgia and North Florida to source quality oak firewood. Like all of our firewood products, Cutting Edge oak undergoes the most rigorous drying process in the industry. Each piece is cut to specific dimensions and then cooked at 250 degrees for 48 hours, far exceeding FDA regulations.
This drying process ensures that every piece of oak delivered to our warehouse, and then to your home, is free of bugs, mold, and fungus. It also enhances the fireside experience by making the firewood easier to light, smoke less, and provide more heat and light.
Because we send fresh wood through the drying process, you can rest assured that the wood won’t be dirty or decomposing. It will be sturdy and durable, perfect for burning inside a luxury fire.
Oak is a great wood to display. It provides a fresh feel to the air, but thanks to the more subtle aroma, it won’t bother people with sensitive noses. We also have a wide variety of cuts and special cuts of oak, giving your display character and pieces that can proudly sit front and center. Since it’s been purified by our drying process, you can feel good storing the firewood both inside and out.
Our premium oak product is also safe for both indoor fireplaces and outdoor fire pits. The low moisture content means you won’t experience creosote build-up in your chimney or experience smelly smoke sticking to your clothes.
It lights easily and quickly, making a natural oak fire a convenient experience. When you use the Cutting Edge Fire Starter package, you’ll only need one match and have a roaring fire within a matter of minutes.
Oak is also a popular cooking wood and makes an excellent heat source. Unlike hickory or pecan, oak provides a very subtle flavor. Chefs often combine oak with other cooking woods in order to create a perfect mixture of heat and flavor.
What’s in the box?
This box of firewood includes everything you need for 2-4 amazing fireside experiences. Specifications include
- Our 16″ standard cut firewood
- The Premium Oak firewood box is 17″ by 16″ by 14″ and can weigh up to 50 pounds
- Same day or next business day delivery available (in certain regions) when selected at check out
- Subscriptions are available for added convenience.
Why choose a box?
Although smaller than a rack of oak, boxes of premium oak are a popular way to receive firewood. Here are a few reasons boxes might be right for you:
- You love the convenience of having everything you need in one box.
- You can easily take a box with you on a camping trip, to the beach, or to the lake.
- You want to try a variety of products before choosing an entire rack.
- You have less storage space and don’t want an entire rack. Boxes are great for townhomes or condos with fireplaces!
- You have multiple fire areas and want the convenience of a box to carry firewood to tonight’s fire area.
- Boxes are easier to ship across the country.