The Story Behind our Hickory Firewood:
Hickory is a dense and heavy hardwood that is perfect for memorable fireside experiences. The density means it will burn longer than other hardwoods, which means you’ll spend less time feeding the fire and more time enjoying it.
And there is a lot here to enjoy. Hickory’s classic crackle sound and hot burning properties make it perfect for cold nights with your friends and family gathered around the fire pit. If you’re looking for a great aroma, the smell of burning hickory is one of the best. Since our firewood undergoes such a rigorous drying process, you’ll never smell mold or must mixed in with your fire. You and your guests will simply enjoy the pure aroma of hickory.
Hickory is also a popular cooking wood. It provides a bold and distinct flavor to any of your favorite foods. Our cooking chunks are perfect for backyard smokers or grills, and our cooking wood is great for full sized smokers or cooking over an open fire. If you grill or smoke food over hickory for others, be prepared for them to ask, “why does your food tastes so good? What makes this different?”
There are over 12 different species of hickory firewood, and all of them are great for fires. We work with our suppliers to choose the best pieces and cuts of hickory. Our wood is sourced local to the the kiln, so that it undergoes our rigorous drying process while still fresh. This ensures that our wood has not started decomposing and is still hard hand dense.
The hickory firewood is delivered to our warehouse where our team hand selects each piece to ensure it meets our quality standards and is then placed on a rack or inside a box, ready to be delivered to our customers.
Depending on your location, we then deliver or ship the hickory firewood to your home. If you’re in a local delivery area, our delivery artisans can place the rack of firewood anywhere you choose. They’ll even stack it into an existing rack if you choose.
Hickory firewood from Cutting Edge is perfect for display as well. It has a clean appearance and provides a fresh aroma year round. Because it is pest, mold, and fungus free you can feel good about storing it inside. Keep it close to the fireplace so you’ll be ready to start a fire when cold weather hits or you simply want to enjoy the crackle and look of a premium fire.
What’s in the box?
This box hickory of firewood includes everything you need for 2-4 amazing fireside experiences. Specifications include
- Our 16″ standard cut firewood
- 4 excelsior fire starters
- 8 pieces of hickory kindling
- The hickory firewood box is 17″ by 16″ by 14″ and weighs up to 50 pounds
- Same day or next business day delivery available (in certain regions) when selected at check out
- Subscriptions are available for added convenience.
Watch our YouTube Video Now
Why choose a box?
Although smaller than a rack of hickory, boxes of hickory are a popular way to receive firewood. Here are a few reasons boxes might be right for you:
- You love the convenience of having everything you need in one box.
- You can easily take a box with you on a camping trip, to the beach, or to the lake.
- Boxes make great gifts.
- You want to try a variety of products before choosing an entire rack.
- You have less storage space and don’t want an entire rack. Boxes are great for townhomes or condos with fireplaces!
- You have multiple fire areas and want the convenience of a box to carry firewood to tonight’s fire area.
- Boxes are easier to ship across the country.
Love Fires? Try our Exclusive Subscriptions
Did you know that subscriptions are available for our hickory firewood? It’s the most convenient way to keep your fire experiences going, and it offers substantial savings for local delivery customers. Subscriptions require a short, 3 month commitment and come with plenty of great fire experiences.