Want to know the secret to building the brightest, hottest and longest-lasting fires at your Emerson home? It's using the right type of firewood. Many homeowners are guilty of using low-quality firewood with which to build their fires. Whether it's a softwood variety like pine or a hardwood that hasn't been properly dried, low-quality firewood such as this isn't recommended. Even if you're able to light it, it won't produce the same heat and brightness as high-quality firewood. You can avoid this headache, however, by ordering firewood for your Emerson home here at Cutting Edge Firewood.
5 Reasons Emerson, GA Residents Should Choose Cutting Edge Firewood
You can find firewood available to sale at many local businesses -- as well as roadside vendors -- in Emerson and the surrounding Greater Atlanta Area. With that said, purchasing firewood from Cutting Edge Firewood offers several benefits that can't be ignored. If you're still skeptical, check out the five following reasons why Emerson residents should order from our online store.
- Low Moisture Content: All of the firewood we sell has been dried to achieve an exceptionally low moisture content. Our signature kiln-dried firewood, for example, is dried for 12 longer than the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA's) standard. With an average moisture content of less than 10%, our kiln-dried firewood is superior to our competitors, offering the brightest, hottest fires for Emerson residents.
- Free of Pests: When purchasing from Cutting Edge Firewood, you can rest assured knowing that your firewood is free of pests. Termites, spiders, centipedes and scorpions often make their way into poorly stored firewood. But you can avoid pest-infested firewood by ordering directly from our online store.
- Large Selection From Which to Choose: We also offer a large selection of firewood from which Emerson residents can choose. Whether you prefer oak, hickory or cherry, we have you covered.
- Easy to Light: Because our firewood has such a low moisture content, it's easier to light than our competitors' firewood. You don't have to use any lighter fluid or accelerants. Just place some tinder and kindling under it and spark it with a match.
- Hand-Delivered to Your Home: If all that wasn't enough, we'll hand-deliver your preferred firewood straight to your Emerson home. Cutting Edge Firewood has become the premier vendor of high-quality firewood in the Greater Atlanta Area, delivering the industry's finest firewood and cooking wood to residents in Emerson and the surrounding communities.
How to Maintain Your Fireplace at Your Emerson, GA Home
When building fires in your Emerson home this winter, it's important that you clean and maintain your fireplace. For starters, you should scoop and remove ash after using your fireplace. Wait until the ash is completely cool -- it may take up to 48 hours -- at which point you can use a metal fireplace shovel or scooper tool to remove the ash. Even if the ash is cool, though, you shouldn't discard it in the trash. Rather, place it in a separate metal bin or metal storage container that's dedicated specifically for firewood ash.
In addition to cleaning ash out of your fireplace, you should also get your fireplace inspected on a regular basis. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), homeowners should hire a professional chimney cleaning company to inspect their fireplace at least once a year. During an inspection, a professional chimney cleaner, known as a sweep, will use various tools to look inside your chimney for signs of creosote deposits or other hazards. If necessary, the chimney sweep will also clean these deposits so that you can build better, safer fires at your Emerson home.
Choosing Firewood for Your Emerson, GA Home: What You Should Know
Some people assume that all firewood offers the same burning experience, but this statement couldn't be further from the truth. While the exact number is unknown, some experts estimate that there are more than 60,000 different species of trees in the world, each of which has different characteristics. Oak, for example, is a denser and stronger species than pine. Therefore, oak burns longer and produces more heat than pine.
The way in which firewood has been dried will also affect its performance. Some firewood sold by local vendors isn't dried at all. Rather, these vendors harvest fresh firewood and immediately turn around to sell it to unsuspecting homeowners. The end result is low-quality firewood with a high moisture content that's difficult to light. Air-dried firewood is a step up from fresh firewood. A type of seasoned firewood, air-dried wood is left outdoors for up to a year so that moisture within its pores is released. The driest firewood, however, is kiln-dried wood. Kiln-dried firewood is dried using a high-tech machine that forces moisture out of the wood, resulting in superior-quality firewood.
Whether you live in Emerson or anywhere else in the Atlanta metropolitan area, we can deliver high-quality kiln-dried firewood directly to your home. Head over to our order page now to find the perfect rack of kiln-dried firewood.