The story of our Cherry Cooking Wood
There’s a reason George Washington cut down his father’s cherry tree – he wanted to cook some amazing food! Cherry is a popular cooking wood because it adds a sweet smell and beautiful rosy color to meat, vegetables, and anything else you put on the grill or smoker. Cherry goes well with just about anything, it’s a great fruit wood for any occasion.
Cherry cooking wood can be tough to find in most parts of the world, and that’s why we source Cutting Edge Cherry Cooking Logs from the state of Florida. Cherry grows quickly and efficiently in Florida, making it a more sustainable source for this popular cooking wood.
Freshly cut cherry is delivered to our kiln drying partner in North Florida within a matter of days. This prevents any decomposition and ensures the cherry remains strong and sturdy. It then goes through the most rigorous drying process in the industry, ensuring that our cherry wood is dry and free from bugs, mold, and fungus.
Our rigorous Cutting Edge Firewood drying process also ensures our cherry will light quickly and that the great flavor of the smoke will hit the food immediately, enabling whatever you cook to absorb the most possible flavor.
Once dry, the wood gets sent to our headquarters in Norcross, GA. Every log goes through a hand selection process and is packaged as either a standard cut log (known as a “stick” in the bbq world) or hand cut into chunks or splits.
During selection, we check to make sure it’s the perfect size, then we ensure there is no rot on the wood, and finally, we confirm that the log includes both heartwood and sapwood. Tree trunks are composed of both heartwood and sapwood, and the best possible flavor is only achieved when both of them are together.
Once we’ve selected the top pieces for optimal flavor, we place the wood into boxes and racks that can be delivered or shipped throughout the United States.
Try the Cutting Edge difference for yourself by ordering the best cherry cooking cooking wood available today.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
This box of cherry cooking wood includes:
- Our 16″ standard cut cherry firewood
- The box is 17″ long, 14″ tall, and 16″ wide
- Each box includes a few pieces of kindling, matches, and fire starters
- Boxes weigh up to 50 pounds and contain only firewood with 5-10% moisture content (less water weight, more wood for your cook!)
- Can be shipped nationwide
- Complimentary Same day delivery in Atlanta area
WHY CHOOSE A BOX?
Although smaller than a rack of cherry, boxes of cherry are a popular way to receive cooking wood. Here are a few reasons boxes might be right for you:
- You love the convenience of having everything you need in one box.
- You can easily take a box with you to a competition, to the beach, or to the lake.
- Boxes make great gifts.
- You want to try a variety of cooking wood products before choosing an entire rack.
- Boxes are easier to ship across the country.
- You need cooking wood tonight! Receive complimentary same day delivery in Atlanta.
If you are looking for great cherry flavor but in a smaller piece of wood, then we suggest trying out a box of our cherry chunks or cherry splits.