Over the past decade, subscription services have become increasingly popular around the United States. Subscriptions are perfect for our busy lives – they bring us what we need when we need it.
Cutting Edge Firewood began offering our innovative firewood subscription service in 2018 and it has since become increasingly popular. In this post, we’ll share 6 compelling reasons you should start a firewood subscription right now, and answer some of the most common questions we receive about our subscriptions.
Have you ever woken up on a cold morning and said, “this is the perfect time to start a fire!” But then, when you went to build it, you realized you had no firewood left!
Life is busy enough without needing to go out and find firewood for sale or chop and season your own wood. Cutting Edge Firewood makes it easier than ever before to have a good stock of firewood available.
Our subscription service means you never even have to think about where your next fire will come from – we’ve already delivered the wood to your home!
2) More Savings
Our Subscription service provides the most affordable way to receive firewood and can save you up to 43.5% from our standard retail pricing.
Let’s look at a couple examples – one for a monthly rack subscription and one for a weekly box subscription.
One rack of hickory costs $285, but when you choose a monthly rack subscription, that same rack only costs $199. If you had a rack subscription for 3 months (November – January), then you would receive up to 3 racks worth of firewood for $597. If you bought the racks without the subscription, this would cost $855. In three months, you’ll save $258 (or 30%)!
A box of hickory costs $59, but when you choose a weekly box subscription, that same box only costs $39. If you have a box subscription for 12 weeks, then you’ll receive 12 total boxes for $468. Those 12 boxes on their own would cost $708. In that 12 week subscription period, you’ll save $240 (or 33.9%)!
You can really maximize your savings if you choose a pecan box subscription. One box of pecan normally costs $69, but when you get a weekly subscription it’s only $39 (savings of 43.5%).
3) The Best Firewood Available – Every Time
One of the challenges people face is finding consistently good firewood. You might get a good batch from a supplier one week, and then find that next month the firewood is wet and moldy or completely sold out!
You don’t have to worry about that with Cutting Edge Firewood. We deliver the best firewood available, every time. Our firewood goes through the most rigorous drying process in the industry. It is delivered free from pests, mold, and fungus. It is easy to light, clean from dirt, and provides an amazing aroma. We hand select each piece of firewood before delivering to your home – ensuring you only get the best.
And of course, our firewood is available throughout the entire year. Want to enjoy a summer bonfire at the lakehouse? Cutting Edge has you covered. Need something right before Christmas? We’re ready to deliver!
4) No Long Term Commitments
Remember that time you signed up for a gym membership? You chose the 18 month plan because of how much money it would save! Only problem is, after 6 months you stopped going.
We understand that life circumstances and seasons may change the way you burn firewood, that’s why our subscriptions only require a short, 3 month commitment. While many of our customers choose to keep their subscription year round, enjoying great fires both indoors and outside, you are more than welcome to keep your just through the winter.
5) More Variety
If you want to try the different species or cuts we offer at Cutting Edge Firewood, then subscriptions are a great way to go. For instance, if you have a weekly box subscription, you can try different boxes whenever you choose.
Our subscriptions offer great flexibility – you can also change the speed at which you receive the firewood. If you have a weekly subscription and want to switch to a monthly one, no problem! If you have a monthly and want to switch to every two weeks, then go for it! Simply contact our customer service team and we’ll get you taken care of.
6) Countless Memorable Experiences
For thousands of years, people have gathered around the fire to connect, share stories, and relax. Here at Cutting Edge Firewood, we’re all about creating memorable experiences around the fire.
Enjoying a great fire with family and friends should be a time to enjoy each other, not a time where you’re fighting to get a fire started or inhaling a ton of musty smoke.
With Cutting Edge boxes or racks, you can rest assured that every fireside experience will be a good one. You can get the fire going with a single match and then sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself!
From: $39.00 / week
The Box Subscription offers one of the most convenient ways to receive our premium firewood. Each firewood box includes everything you need for 2-4 amazing fire experiences, including the firewood, a sampling of Kindling, Fire Starters, and even matches! With the Box Subscription, we deliver a brand new box once a month, every other week, or every week to your front door.
Select your preferred frequency of delivery and type of box below. Minimum subscription length is only 3 months!
$199.00 / month
The Firewood Rack Subscription is a convenient way to ensure your firewood rack is always stocked. When you start a subscription, we deliver one of our premium, metal firewood racks (4’ tall x 2’ wide), stacked full of the firewood you chose, covered with the canvas cover.
Every month, a Delivery Artisan will visit your home to refill or replace your Cutting Edge Firewood Rack. Used all your wood? Then we’ll replace the whole thing. Only used half? We’ll top it off. Want to try a different type of wood? Let us know and we’ll bring some along.
Subscriptions are convenient and offer substantial savings to fire enthusiasts – you’ll always be prepared for cold winter nights or for memorable outdoor fires. Rack subscriptions are $199 per month and only available in our local delivery areas. The minimum subscription period is only 3 months.
Frequently asked questions about Subscriptions
- What’s the difference between a box subscription and a rack subscription? Our rack and box subscriptions are similar in many ways, but there are a few differences. First and most obvious, with our rack subscription you will receive the firewood in a carbonized steel, 2′ by 4′ rack. Our box subscription comes in…a box! Rack subscriptions are only available on a monthly basis, but box subscriptions can be for every week, every two weeks, or every month. The final difference is, when you have a box subscription, we bring you a brand new box every time your subscription period dictates. With rack subscriptions, we show up each month and replenish your existing rack.
- Does a rack subscription include the carbonized steel rack? Yes! We include the Cutting Edge Firewood rack with your subscription. There are no additional sign-up costs to receive the rack.
- How long does a subscription last? Subscriptions can last as long as you want! The minimum subscription period is only 3 months, so you don’t need to commit to anything long-term.
- How much does delivery cost for subscriptions? If you are inside our local delivery zones, then delivery is complimentary on every box or rack subscription! For residents outside of our local delivery zones, shipping charges do apply and vary based on location.
- Can I have more than one subscription at a time? Yes! We have several customers who receive multiple boxes at a time or multiple racks at a time. For instance, you might choose a subscription for a monthly rack of hickory and a monthly rack of extended burn hickory.
- Which products are available for subscription? We offer a wide variety of subscription products for both racks and boxes. The best way to see what’s available is to visit our rack subscription page or our box subscription page.
If you have any more questions about how subscriptions work, feel free to contact us at anytime! We look forward to providing you with unmatched products and unparalleled customer service on a regular basis.